Nowadays, it is pretty evident that cloud services are increasing by leaps and bounds. According to reports, in 2022, the cloud sector is expected to reach a turnover of $474 billion. Also, 95% of new digital workloads will transfer to cloud-native platforms by 2025, against 30% in 2021.
This intense growth is primarily due to the advantages of the cloud for businesses, which includes cost savings, easy access, and automatic updates, to name a few.
Top Reasons Why Businesses Bet on the Cloud
Some of the primary reasons why businesses are actively betting on cloud services are:
- Accessibility: Undoubtedly, this is one of the most important reasons. With an internet connection, one can access any information available in the cloud anytime and anywhere.
- Cloud helps improve communication between different departments and increase productivity: Thanks to the availability of information at all times, it makes it easier for different departments and areas of the company to work in real-time as well as obtain the necessary information whenever it is needed.
- Cost reduction: Cloud allows businesses to save on infrastructure since they do not require to have physical servers or dedicated technical personnel, and the cloud migration company takes care of everything.
- Enhanced security: Previously, people believed that the cloud is not secure, but in reality, it is much more secure than having information stored on a physical device. In addition, the cloud also minimizes the risk of data loss, server crashes, and external attacks and automatically generates backup copies to safeguard critical business information.
- Reduced environmental impact: Since they do not require physical servers, it helps businesses reduce their footprint on the environment and improve their corporate image.
Tips for a successful cloud migration
Do you believe the time has arrived to migrate your business to the cloud or perform cloud to cloud migration? If so, here are some tips to help achieve successful cloud migration.
To safely and correctly perform cloud migration, it is necessary to go through a series of previous phases and collaborate with a cloud migration company.
The first and foremost step is to assess your current environment. Perform a comprehensive analysis to assess how prepared your business is to migrate to the cloud and the needs and requirements you hope to cover with this solution.
Have a defined budget
Nowadays, you can find several cloud solutions, but not all of them will meet your needs or requirements. It is necessary that before choosing a particular solution, you are clear about the budget you are willing to allocate to cloud services because otherwise, you can end up paying more than you should.
Select the solution
Choosing the most appropriate cloud solution for business is not trivial. One must consider several details, including the Career Class (CC) level of the cloud migration company with integrated unified and omnichannel communications capabilities or optimal migration tools. In addition, it is also essential to select a company that provides integrated migration tools such as integration capabilities, open APIs, and network assessment, among others.
Make a detailed plan.
It is not recommended to randomly decide, “I want my business to migrate to the cloud,” and get into the adventure. Before starting your cloud journey, it is highly recommended to have a comprehensive plan. When do you want to start the migration? Who is going to perform it? How will it be done? What will be included in the migration process? It is also recommended to establish activation methods and have a contingency plan in place.
Choose a cloud migration Company.
When choosing a cloud migration company, it is highly recommended to negotiate some fundamental issues, including necessary service level agreements, data ownership, access to monitor services, access management, authentication mechanism, and everything else you may require in the future.
Once everything has been aligned with your service provider, it is time to start measuring the performance of pre-migration tests to verify whether the chosen solution is suitable for your business. It is also necessary to analyze vulnerabilities and security gaps to identify possible security issues that the platform could experience to ensure that the migration process is safe and efficient.
Once all the tests have been performed and you are convinced that the chosen solution is the right fit for your business, it will be the time to start the migration process.
As it has been pointed out, performing cloud migration is not complicated if you have the right cloud migration company that understands how-to advice and guides you throughout the migration process. That’s why one should always choose the right cloud service provider for a successful cloud to cloud migration.
Developing a comprehensive cloud migration plan can give businesses a competitive advantage and help pinpoint hidden inefficiencies affecting user experience. If technology is the lifeblood of modern businesses, cloud services are connecting tissues that hold everything together.